When connecting your TCL Smart TV to your home wireless network, you need to select the your network name or sometimes called the SSID, and enter the correct password.
By default, your wireless network name or SSID is either the name that was set by your Internet Service Provided (ISP) or router manufacturer, or the name you chose when you set up your wireless network. Note: Sometimes the default SSID and password is listed on the bottom of the router.
How to find your wireless network name
- Verify which network your computer or mobile device is connected to. Your TCL Smart TV will connect to the same network.
- If you do not see your wireless network name on the list of available networks, select your type of TCL Smart TV below to view the recommended steps:
For TCL Roku TVs
- In the Choose your Network screen, select Scan again to see all networks
- This will display a list of all networks that are available.
TCL Android TV
- From the Home screen, scroll to the Settings icon,
- On the Wi-Fi Settings tab, use the toggle switch to disable and enable Wi-Fi. This should refresh the list of available wireless networks.
- If you cannot remember the name of your wireless network, reach out to your ISP or the router manufacturer for additional assistance.
How to get your wireless password
- Enter the same wireless password that you use to connect your computer or mobile device to your home network.
- Passwords are case sensitive – to enter a capital letter, use the shift key on the on-screen keyboard.
- Select Show password or hide password on the password entry screen. This will allow you to view or hide your password as you enter it.
- If you have forgotten the password, reach out to your ISP or the router manufacturer for additional assistance. They will be able to suggest the specific methods to recover the password or reset it.