You may encounter the following error codes while setting up your TCL Roku TV or during regular use. Select the error codes you are getting to view recommended resolutions:
Error Code 009
This code means that your TV is connected to the router, but does not have Internet access. Use another device such as a computer or tablet, to check if your Internet connection is working. If no connection exists, contact your ISP for help restoring the internet connection. If your computer has an internet connection and you still see Error 009, restart your TCL Roku TV.
Error Code 012
This is specifically an Ethernet-related error. Try the following steps below:
- Confirm that you Ethernet cable is securely connected to your TV and router.
- If possible, try a different Ethernet cable.
- If the cable if good, restart both your wireless router and TV. For instructions on how to restart your router, refer to your router's user manual or visit the router manufacturer's website. Click here to view steps on how to restart your TCL Roku TV.
Error Code 013
This is another Ethernet-related error. Try the following steps below:
- Verify that your wireless router is working properly.
- If you can connect to the Internet from another device, restart your TV.
- If you are unable to connect to the Internet from another device, try disconnecting and then re-connecting the Ethernet cable.
- If the problem continues, restart your router before contacting your Internet Service Provider.
Error Code 014
You will get this error code whenever your TCL Roku TV fails to connect to the wireless network. Ensure you are selecting the correct wireless network name. Selecting the wrong wireless network will cause your wireless connection to fail. Click here if you are unable to see your network's name listed under 'Choose your network' screen
Error Code 014.20 / 014.30 / 014.50
You will get these error codes if your TCL Roku TV is not getting a strong enough wireless signal from the router. If your password is correct and other devices can access the router, but you are still failing to connect to your wireless network, the most likely problem is the strength of the wireless signal. Note: The wireless signal gets weaker the farther your Roku device is from your router, and with more obstacles (like walls and cabinets) between your router and your Roku device.
Also, try to restart both the router and your TCL Roku TV. For instructions on how to restart your router, refer to your router's user manual or visit the router manufacturer's website. Click here to view steps on how to restart your TCL Roku TV.
Note: It will take a few minutes before both devices will restart. If you have previously connected to your router, the Roku device should automatically reconnect. If it is not reconnecting, or if you are setting up your Roku device for the first time, complete the network setup process.
If issue persists, you might have to reset your TCL Roku TV to factory default. Reminder: This will remove to the prior configurations made on your TV's settings and you would have to complete the initial TV setup. Be sure you have your Roku, and other streaming services account information on hand. You will need to re-enter them once factory reset is completed.
Error Code 014.40 or 014.41
You might get these error codes if password you are entering is incorrect or when there are restriction settings enabled on your router.
- Confirm you are selecting the correct wireless network name
- Verify that you are entering the correct password. Remember passwords are case sensitive.
- Check if you have MAC Address Filtering enabled on your router? This restricts specific devices to access your network. If yes, you have to add your TCL Roku TV's Wireless MAC Address to your router's allowed list. For instructions, refer to your router's user manual or visit the router manufacturer's website.
Error Code 016
This error occurs when you are trying to launch a streaming channel but your TV lost its network or Internet connection. Select Set up connection to go your TV's network settings and follow the on-screen instructions.
Error Code 017
This error occurs when your TV is getting a poor wireless signal from the router. Follow the on-screen instructions and reconsider the placement of your TV and wireless router. You can also try restarting your TV and wireless router. For instructions on how to restart your router, refer to your router's user manual or visit the router manufacturer's website.
Error Code 018
This error occurs when the Internet bandwidth is poor. Check with your Internet Service Provider to determine what speed connection you're subscribed to. If necessary, you may want to upgrade to a faster connection.
To locate your wireless MAC address follow these steps:
1. Press the Home button on the remote.
2. Go to Settings and select OK on the remote.
3. Go to Network and select OK on the remote.
4. Go to About.
The MAC address can be found next to Wireless MAC address.